Amity Private School, Sharjah welcomes applications from the parents of children who are curious, eager to learn and wish to excel in their chosen path. We also look forward to having an interaction with parents who understand and support our mission because we believe that an well-rounded education should be a three-way process between student, school and parents.
- For admission at the beginning of any one school year, application documents will be accepted as soon as the announcement of the admission is made.
- Within 1 week of the initial application, all supporting forms and documents should be submitted.
- Applicants may be admitted throughout the year based on the School’s judgement regarding the suitability of the educational programme for the prospective student and space availability.
- The class size is limited according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education.
- Growth of the School is regulated to ensure that the high quality of education at APS is continuously maintained.
- Age Criteria: A student has to be 4 years by 31st July, 2018, at the time of admission into Kindergarten.
The admissions process involves these easy-to-follow six steps:
STEP 1: Registration Online
Parents are strongly advised to register for admission to APS as early as possible on our website.
STEP 2: Pay registration fee and submit a completed application form
You may go through our online Brochure and fill in the Application Form.
(For Application form click here)
Additional documents for registration
- Passport photocopy with valid visa page
- 6 passport size photographs of the student
- Passport size photos of both the parents.
- Report card copy of the Last Exams written ( Grade 1 onwards)
- Copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Immunization record of the student.
STEP 3: Placement testing or Screening
- Parents are required to submit a completed admission packet, including all requisite forms and documentation, to the Admissions Office. After the application form is submitted, placement testing and/or screening may be arranged depending on the submitted documents and grade level. Placement testing will be based on different criteria including but not limited to, consideration of all past school reports.
- For kindergarten students a date will be set for meeting the student with parents for an interactive session with the relevant Section Head. The interaction sessions are pleasant and non-intimidating. These sessions are conducted to find out about what the student knows, understands and what path is most suitable for their needs. This is pertinent to the child's/ students educational development, use of language, social skills, learning readiness.
- Primary and middle school applicants will also be required to appear for Entrance Test in English and Mathematics for us to be able to place the child appropriately.
- Admission seekers for Grades I to VII have an interaction and a written test. Testing is done for Basic English and Mathematics.
- All senior school students will take written English, Mathematics and General Science placement tests.
- A personal interview and interaction of all students and a review of previous special needs documentation as applicable.
The granting or refusal of admission is the responsibility of the Principal of The School in collaboration with the In-charge of that specific grade level.
Out of Station Students
We consider out of station students for admissions on the basis of their last report card.
Transfer certificate should be lodged with the admissions office from their earlier school.
STEP 4: Application review
Once all records have been collected, the application will be reviewed by the Principal. Admission may be granted, denied or the school may place the student on a waiting list. In all cases, the parent(s)/guardian(s) will be notified by mail.
When there are no places available in the desired class, successful students will be placed on a waiting list and considered for the first available vacancy.
STEP 5: Acceptance letter
If admission is granted, parents will be notified in an acceptance email.
STEP 6: Payment of Fees
Once admission is granted, the fees need to be paid prior to commencement of the school year. 10 % of the tuition fee is to be paid in advance, within the dates mentioned for the payment. The balance tuition fee can be done in three instalments or a monthly payment plan.
Before the student begins at APS, an Orientation will be conducted for parents. They will receive a welcome packet with relevant information and documents.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Admissions Office at: